It is important to know what type of cruiser you are before planning a luxury cruise. Knowing the type of amenities you are looking for greatly impacts your cruising experience. It will also ensure that you cruise right! When selecting a luxury cruise vessel, size does matter! There are many sizes and types of ships to choose from. We as travel advisors help our clients determine the size of luxury cruise liner that best meets their preference and needs by understanding their goals, objectives and budget. These are very important factors when considering the vast product offerings.
Here are a few examples for consideration:
- Yacht and sailing luxury cruise ships often carry 50 to 200 passengers
- Small luxury cruise ships typically have a passenger load of 200 to 300 passengers
- Mid-size luxury cruise ships typically have carry 300 to 700 passengers
- Large cruise ships have luxury offerings and can carry a passenger load from 700 to 5400 passengers.
With the information above our clients can determine the number of passengers they’ll sail with, the types of activities and the overall ambience of the ship and the level of luxury available.
Typically big ships have more features and amenities and cost less to cruise on; while smaller ships tend to offer an intimate, close-knit ambience at a higher price.
There is a tradeoff-smaller vessels can’t accommodate amenities like Broadway-style shows, multiple dining venues, expansive kids’ programs and endless lounges and bars. Expect instead destination-driven itineraries with enrichment programs and hosted excursions.
Here just a just a few of things to consider when matching what is best suited for your luxury ocean cruise:
- Luxury ocean cruise vessels and luxury ocean cruise lines vary greatly. Some luxury ocean cruises are priced ala carte (pay-per-service-as-you-go) and others are all Inclusive (fare includes air, shore excursion, cruise, beverages, transfers, Wi-Fi, gratuities and sometimes pre and post land programs). An all-inclusive luxury ocean cruise line offering does not necessarily mean that your vacation cost will be more when you consider that ala carte pricing and add-ons. Let us help you with the math and you’ll discover that the cost of a luxury voyage is, in many cases, equal to or less than most other cruise vacations.
- Amenities and services differ greatly.
- Itineraries and port destinations vary significantly.
- Dining experiences and cuisine vary tremendously from one luxury ocean cruise line to the next.
- On-board activities on luxury ocean cruise lines such as live entertainment, socializing, fitness centers and spa centers, culinary demonstrations and wine tastings, games, swimming, sunbathing, movies, youth centers and teen lounges, Wi-Fi and much more require consideration to insure your travel needs are met.
- Deposit and insurance considerations.
- Pre or Post Cruise travel considerations
Please call 888-353-3355, click here or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org